The most widely recognized 300 series stainless steel. This is a variant of 18-8 grade which pertains respectively to the minimum Chromium and Nickel content; it has a maximum Carbon content of 0.08%. It possesses characteristics that makes it high strength but at the same time extremely workable. The grade has superior corrosion and heat resistance. And it offers a great price point for any industry because if it’s general availability.
It carries mostly the same characteristic as 304 grade with an overall better corrosion resistance because of the additional Molybdenum content. 316 grade is the principal choice for surgical stainless steel for its excellent cleanability and hygiene characteristics. Non-magnetic in the annealed condition and can be hardened by cold treatment.
Both 304 and 316 stainless steel is available in a low carbon grade with a maximum content of 0.03%. Less Carbon means less chances of oxidation due to carbide precipitation. It is a softer material compared to straight grade counterparts. It offers even better weldability for heavy gauge materials. It’s common for L grades to be dual certified as it will meet both straight grade and low carbon chemical content requirements.
Why Choose M&M International
- M&M International has more than 25 years in the tubing business
- Leading manufacturer and supplier of small diameter stainless steel tubes
- Quality in mind from start to finish of the tube production process
- Offering custom size tubing with fast turn around time
- Stainless steel tubing in random lengths, precise cut lengths and coil forms
Some of The Industries We Service